salcha4you! s
Saturday, November 22, 2008
。Cooking? Cooking!。

Photobucket


So today my baby brother and adopted brother wanted to officially start: Cooking?Cooking!
as so cleverly dubbed by them XD in honor of one of Po's favorite Suju Happy songs by the same title.

The purpose of Cooking?Cooking! is to teach Po [my adopted brother] and Dane [my baby brother also known by me as My Minnie] how to cook different dishes, because I firmly believe that both men and women should be able to cook and so do my brothers. Each week, Po and Dane select one to two dishes that I would instruct them in making but actually not do any of the cooking so in a sense I have become Mama in Cooking Mama -->Photobucket
Both my brothers seem to enjoy this and here is what happened with lesson 1


Lesson 1: Crab Rangoon & Honey [minus the Walnut] Shrimp

The first task I sent them on was to actually buy the ingredients for both dishes. Sadly it took them 2 days to gather them all [XD they get easily distracted]. After they returned with the ingredients necessary to make crab rangoon and spent waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy much more than I thought they would have so I went with them to purchase the ingredients for Honey Shrimp. They wondered why I was price comparing and product comparing.. ie.. brand name versus generic, frozen to fresh. I began to explain the reasoning for this which most of you already know which would be is the brand name worth the cost of the product and what items don't matter when it comes to brands etc, as well as the convenience of things.

When we got home I immediately instructed them to organize all that we had purchased/will be using as well as to clean up the area and their hands before we started. From then on we started the Rangoon and Honey Shrimp. Tonight's lessons went well but lets have the pictures speak for themselves> ^-^v

**click on thumbnail to see fullsize**



** The students Po & Dane **



** Mixing the filling for the Crab Rangoon & forming them **



** Frying the battered shrimp [ shrimp in an eggwhite+cornstarch+ seasoning mixture] XD they didn't burn any woohoo **



** Frying the Crab Rangoon [ they tested out different folds and forms]**



** Mixing the sauce [mayo, condensed milk, honey, lime juice] with the fried shrimp and garnishing as well as adding flavor with chopped green onion**



** Complete Lesson 1**



** "We've passed lesson 1!"**



** "Time to eat!!!" **



Big Sis' Scoring: Though not very clean in presentation the taste was good and most importantly they enjoyed themselves ... so PASSED!





Next week's lesson: Masuman Curry



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...
hehe I'm so happy Unnie finally update :D!
That's good Unnie spent your time wisely and have fun :P!

I like that icon Unnie made 8) -going to steal it-. It seems Unnie&your brothers are having fun ^^~! Which make me happy keke.

*ahem* She said she doesn't like Autoplay songs in the website and lookie at what happen xDD~!

PS: I thought I enter the wrong blog D:

Post a Comment


<< Home

Summer Tunes






About Me

Hi ^-^ my name is Linda but everyone online knows me as either Rei, Hikari, Hikariblade, Rabudokichaos, Chaos, Mitsukai. You can call me which ever you please .

I am 23 going on 24 T_T;; yes I am an oldie..

This is where I'll vent, inspire, share, and just about do anything as long as I have time for it.

I am a very simple person, with simple dreams and huge obstacles that challenge me at every moment. I sometimes want to give it all up, but those that I care for mean too much for me to do that.

I am cold at first but if you give me the chance, you'll get to see the me that would shock you .

Archive

November 2008 l December 2008 l January 2009 l June 2009 l

Drop a line

Friends





Stories









Design

Coding and Graphic Design by salcha4u. DBSK Graphic & stories buttons by Mitsukai